According to the Des Moines Register in the November 2007 books, KWQC had the third highest-rated newscast amongst all stations in the high 100 media markets. In 2015, KWQC’s newscasts remained primary in complete viewers in every time slot. KWQC has information and weather updates broadcast for iHeartMedia’s Quad Cities stations, among them KMXG, WLLR-FM, and its former sister station WOC . The news updates are principally heard in the morning, from Quad Cities Today anchor David Nelson and Morgan Ottier. KMXG morning personalities McFadden & Evans also current the entertainment-themed “Showbiz Buzz” phase day by day throughout KWQC-TV6 News at 4. However, until mid-November 2009, the PSIP identifier continued to establish the principle channel 6.1 as KWQC-DT.
WHBF is the only Quad Cities tv station to transmit from Bettendorf, whereas KWQC and the market’s different stations are transmitting from Orion, with the exception of KGCW. This means many viewers in and around the Quad Cities market want both a rotor or two separate antennas to obtain all their native TV stations. KWQC-TV, digital channel 6, is a tv station licensed to Davenport, Iowa, USA, which serves because the NBC affiliate for the Quad Cities television market . KWQC-TV is owned by Media General, with studios positioned on Brady Street in downtown Davenport and transmitter positioned in Orion, Illinois. On July 14, 2015, KWQC-TV and its digital subchannels were pulled from Mediacom cable systems in the Quad Cities region because of a carriage dispute over retransmission consent charges between Mediacom and KWQC’s owner at the time, Media General. This carriage dispute was a part of an ongoing disagreement nationwide between Mediacom and Media General, which noticed Media General stations in 14 television markets within the United States pulled from Mediacom cable techniques.
July 2015 Carriage Dispute With Mediacom
- KWQC-TV is owned by Media General, with studios situated on Brady Street in downtown Davenport and transmitter located in Orion, Illinois.
- KWQC not transmits a sign from Bettendorf, as Orion is now its new permanent house for transmission amenities, as of June 12.
- KWQC-TV, digital channel 6 , is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Davenport, Iowa, United States, serving the Quad Cities area of southeastern Iowa and northwestern Illinois.
- KWQC has been the rankings chief in the Quad Cities for many of its history.
- However, till mid-November 2009, the PSIP identifier continued to determine the main channel 6.1 as KWQC-DT.
- The news updates are principally heard within the morning, from Quad Cities Today anchor David Nelson and Morgan Ottier.
KWQC not transmits a sign from Bettendorf, as Orion is now its new everlasting house for transmission services, as of June 12. KWQC’s analog transmitter in Bettendorf was broadcasting the Quad City Market’s “Nightlight” service around the clock till June 26, 2009. During the 2-week “nightlight” period, not one of the station’s common programming was broadcast on the analog sign. The aforementioned radio stations within the top paragraph of this section, in addition to WHBF-TV, are persevering with to transmit from Bettendorf.